ShoutBox

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Million Dollar game shows

There's a discussion on the GSN Forums titled "What If? -- The $1,000,000 Press Your Luck Hour?" Here's basically what I had to say about it.

I'm starting to hate million dollar game shows. Honestly. So therefor, I don't want a Million Dollar Whammy/Press Your Luck. Seriously, I sure liked it when a contestant was happy winning over 10,000 on a game show or 5,000 for that matter. Nowadays, 100,000 or 250,000 isn't so bad. Maybe even 500,000. On certain game shows, giving away 1,000,000 is good. But, that's beside the point. I don't want a new version of Whammy!/Press Your Luck.

Another Poster: Come on Phimat. If you had the choice of being on a $25,000 game show or a $1,000,000 game show, both with the same type of gameplay and both having an equal level of difficulty, I'm sure you would choose the latter. 

Come on, I would be just as happy with a $25,000 game show. But, you can do so much more with $1,000,000. I just think game shows nowadays are dumbed down in a way.

I just hate it people on game shows nowadays don't seem to be happy with what they win, they get greedy. People used to be happy with $5,000, $10,000, $25,000 or possibly $50,000. Maybe even $100,000, $250,000 or $500,000 but that's as far as I'll go.

Another Poster: Press Your Luck is just all luck, and I still doubt any network is going to recreate it, except GSN. With Whammy!'s ratings, I can see GSN reviving Whammy! between now and the next 10 years. If GSN were to revive it now, it would be cheaper than the 2002-03 version 

 I agree there, but GSN would somehow screw it up and air it a lot (like any other network does with their shows) and overdo it. But, it would be worth a shot, I think.

I hope I don't sound like a certain person that owns a blog called the Game Show Follies. But, I think you know my view on million dollar game shows now.

No comments:

Post a Comment