ShoutBox

Friday, April 27, 2012

Older is better? Hmm, if you say so.

Note: This is not a "hate" post.

Many of you on the GSN Forums are probably getting tired of a certain user always saying we think "older is better". That is a bunch of crock. I'm sure people don't think that. People will probably watch newer game shows to. I love older game shows but, I for one don't think "older is better" like this person does.

This person runs a blog, like me where he just cross posts stuff from the GSN Forums or another website and posts it on his blog. Some of it isn't very positive, some of it is but not the point! He is getting a little annoying with his crock and I'm going to cross post my own stuff:

lol dude please. You really think this is people going ballistic?

Poster #1: Here's a serious suggestion: how about not making blanket statements about the entire board? Time and time again, whether it's about classics, GSN schedules in general, answers on current FF, etc. you've done this over and over and repeatedly people call you out for it and for good and proper reasons. People either like or dislike something for different reasons. Lumping everyone up into something like this and doing the "LOL CLASSICS FANS" schtick gets very old very fast, and it doesn't add anything to the discussion. And when you pejoratively stereotype a group of people, the result you're gonna get is not a very good one when it's time for a response.


Poster #2: You know you're wrong, so you have to run to your little blog and take cover. If it wasn't for the fact that you post the PDF's before Alex does, I don't think many would visit that blog of yours. All it is is you taking potshots at us, The Game Show Forum, and Buzzerblog. Seriously don't know why Carrie over at Ask.com likes your blog. 

Good points there. I mean, to be honest, I do that on my new blog some times but they're mostly positive stuff. I don't expect any to visit my blog, I don't have much time to update it so some of the time I use auto post.

Poster #3: Because you seem to think that every new acquired show that GSN picks up from the 2000's or later, people on this board bash it because it is not "pre-1990". That is not true. Sure, many around here prefer pre-1990 stuff vs. the newer shows (2000+ era), but that doesn't mean they hate every show after 1990.

I'll tell you right now, Casey, if GSN said they were going to bring back
Greed, Weakest Link, even To Tell The Truth 2000, I think several folks here would be glad to see those shows again. Just some examples. And all these shows are 2000's era, not pre-1990, of course. I can keep on giving some examples, if you would like.

I liked that one, as well as the first one also.

Here's what the person we're talking about right now, said: This set off predictable whines on the GSN board about Harvey Feud getting used too much. If the show dated from before 1990, nary a complaint would be heard on the board.

That's always been his thing. "Older is better". It never ends with this guy. Here's what a guy said to that:

Would you Shut up with that. Everybody here and on Invision is tired of this little argument from you. 

I pretty much covered the whole thread on there. If you're reading this, we don't "Hate" you. That is a strong word. We are just irritated and annoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment