ShoutBox

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

That 90's Show

Has anyone noticed how GSN airs mostly game shows from the 70's, 80's, and 00's? I saw a post by a person on the GSN Forums mentioned that and I noticed it too.

From what I see, Who Wants to be a Millionaire? is the only 90's show GSN airs. Late 90's that is. GSN could be showing more from the 90's and air it on weekends maybe. Greed (Also late 90's), Match Game (90's) and probably more. There are a lot of game shows from every decade GSN could show. They just don't want to spend the money or anything like that.

Honestly, I wish GSN would get rid of Regis Philbin's Millionaire. It's old and stale by now. What GSN should do if possible is acquire the 10th Anniversary edition and maybe re-show Meredith Vieira's Millionaire. There are some good 90's game shows GSN could show. And some good ones from early in the 2000s. GSN had documentaries Play It Back: 70's, 80's and 90's GSN should do one for the 2000s now.

Some people would probably say 90's had some lame shows, not to speak for any of you but, I'm just saying. 90's though, I admit, was probably when game shows started to "suck" so to speak.


No comments:

Post a Comment